Hand Rejuvenation with Radiesse
Here at Glamour Plastic Surgery and Med Spa, many of our Houston-area patients come to us seeking ways to restore the appearance of their hands that are showing visible signs of aging.
Fortunately, there are many solutions for enhancing the appearance of the hands, restoring volume, firmness, and suppleness to the skin, while diminishing the appearance of visible veins and tendons. One of the simplest treatments – and one that we recommend highly – is by means of dermal filler injections using Radiesse®.
Radiesse can instantly restore youthfulness to the skin and diminish the signs of aging, with no downtime and without the risk, recovery period, or discomfort typically associated with cosmetic surgery. The Radiesse formula is specially designed to enhance the skin’s tone and texture while protecting against future damage by triggering natural collagen production.
Our hand rejuvenation treatment using Radiesse is often referred to as a non-surgical hand lift.
Why do the hands show so many signs of aging?
Because the hands are often exposed to excessive sunlight, chemical agents, and other contaminants that take a toll on the skin, many individuals start seeing the visible signs of aging in their hands long before they see wrinkles and sagging skin in their face.
The body’s natural production of collagen also significantly decreases with age, and one of the first areas where this collagen deficiency becomes evident as we age is in the hands. The primary cause of wrinkled and lax skin in the hands as we age is insufficient collagen production.
Why is Radiesse the filler of choice for hand rejuvenation?
The Radiesse formula is especially effective for hand rejuvenation because it contains Calcium hydroxylapatite (CaHa) microspheres, which result in a light and easily absorbed gel that spreads easily to restore lost volume to the upper side of the hands, smoothing out hollows and bumps, and making your skin smoother and more vibrant.
Radiesse also stands apart from most other dermal fillers thanks to its ability to trigger the production of natural collagen in skin cells. Collagen is an essential protein that contributes to the firmness and smoothness of your skin by increasing volume in individual skin cells, making each cell plumper and firmer.
Radiesse injections trigger increased collagen production that will continue over several months, during which you will continue to see increased improvements.
The Many Benefits of Radiesse®
Radiesse® injections produce so many benefits that the treatments are quickly gaining a reputation as one of the best dermal filler treatments currently available. In addition, to use on your hands, Radiesse injections can also make your face appear more youthful.
The many benefits of the Radiesse formula include:
- Radiesse is FDA-approved for use on both the hands and face, so you can take advantage of a single treatment session to address concerns in both your hands and face.
- Radiesse is made of non-allergenic and biocompatible ingredients, eliminating the risk of an allergic reaction.
- Results are both instant and continually improving. You will see immediate results after only a single treatment session. But as your skin’s natural production of collagen increases, you will continue to see additional improvement.
- Treatment is quick and painless. We apply a topical numbing agent to the treatment areas, so you will feel no discomfort whatsoever during the treatment. Since it’s a very thin gel formula, Radiesse is administered using a very fine needle.
- No recovery is necessary. You may experience some minor swelling and/or soreness at the injection sites for a few hours, but you may resume regular activities immediately after treatment.
- While most collagen-building fillers typically dissolve gradually over time, Radiesse maintains its volume for as long as two years, with results typically lasting 18 to 24 months, after which time you’ll need a touch-up treatment to re-activate your collagen production.
Who is an ideal candidate for hand rejuvenation with Radiesse?
The ideal candidate for a nonsurgical hand lift with Radiesse injections is typically an adult over 35 years of age, in good general health, who is interested in plumping the sagging skin on their hands and making their hands appear smoother, firmer, and more youthful.
If you’re seeing sagging skin, visible veins and tendons, uneven bumps and hollows, and an overall dull and aged appearance to your hands, consider restoring their youthful appearance with Radiesse® injections.
To learn more about whether a nonsurgical hand lift with Radiesse may be suitable for you, Contact Glamour Plastic Surgery and Med Spa and schedule a free introductory consultation with Dr. Olga Bachilo, a specialist in surgical and non-surgical rejuvenation procedures, serving residents of Houston, Sugar Land, Katy, and neighboring communities in Texas.