What is the PRP Facelift?
The PRP Facelift is a minimally invasive treatment that consists of injecting Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP), derived from your blood, into specific areas of your face to enhance fullness and volume and produce visibly firmer and healthier skin. These injections are delivered using an ultra-fine needle, similar to those used to administer dermal filler treatments such as Juvederm. Your PRP treatment will last approximately 30 minutes to an hour, but the time can vary depending on how many areas you wish to have treated.
The PRP Facelift Procedure
The Platelet-Rich Plasma Facelift procedure consists of the following steps:
- Drawing Blood: We will extract a blood sample from your arm, much as if removed for a blood test.
- Isolating the PRP: To isolate the PRP from your blood, the blood is processed by spinning it at an extremely high speed, causing the plasma to separate from the remaining components in the blood.
- Activating the plasma: Calcium chloride is then added to the isolated blood plasma to stimulate the release of natural stem cells and growth factors.
- Applying a Topical Anesthetic: We will apply a topical numbing agent to the treatment areas to alleviate any potential discomfort caused by the injections.
- Injecting the PRP: The PRP matrix, rich in nourishing growth factors, is injected directly into strategic treatment areas, triggering your body to produce collagen and begin the process of repairing damaged skin cells.
Recovery After PRP Facelift
There is no required downtime after a Platelet-Rich Plasma Face Lift. You may notice mild tenderness and soreness immediately after your procedure, resembling a sunburn. In some cases, mild bruising may also appear following treatment, and the skin may feel rough and swollen the next day. Swelling and soreness typically disappear within three days, but your skin may still feel somewhat rough for up to a week. While these symptoms may be mildly irritating, you will not need to take time off work and may enjoy a regular day after your treatment session. A light application of makeup will conceal any temporary side effects until they subside naturally.
Platelet-Rich Plasma Facelift Results
While you may notice subtle improvement immediately, you will begin to see more dramatic results after a few more days. The most appreciable difference will be noticeable after two to three months when you will enjoy bright, radiant skin that is firmer and smoother to the touch.
Most patients require three treatment sessions scheduled monthly to achieve maximum improvement; however, one treatment may be sufficient in younger patients with good skin elasticity to provide enhancements for up to two years.
What is the PRP facelift?
A PRP facelift involves injecting platelet-rich plasma into targeted areas of the face to create firmer and healthier-looking skin.
Can PRP facelift replace fillers?
Results from PRP facelifts and dermal fillers are quite different. A PRP facelift works to stimulate natural collagen production. If you choose, a PRP facelift and dermal filler injections can be combined.
What are PRP facelift benefits?
A PRP facelift results in more youthful-looking skin with reduced nasolabial folds, marionette lines, or sagging. The treatment works to stimulate collagen production, resulting in improved elasticity.
How long do PRP facial injections last?
Results from PRP facial injections typically last nine to 18 months.
What is the PRP facelift downtime?
PRP facelifts do not require downtime. You may experience some swelling or redness, which should last no more than 24 hours.
Ready to schedule your treatment?
A Platelet Rich Plasma Face Lift may be just what you need to revive a dull complexion and regain youthful suppleness in your skin. Contact Glamour Plastic Surgery and Medical Spa today to schedule your consultation. Glamour Plastic Surgery and Med Spa is located 36 minutes from Katy and 17 minutes from Houston.