Silhouette InstaLift: Frequently Asked Questions Answered
One of the most innovative procedures that we offer at Glamour Plastic Surgery and Med Spa is the Silhouette InstaLift, and many of our Houston-area patients are enjoying dramatic facial improvements with this procedure. The InstaLift is a non-surgical facelift that restores tone and definition to the cheeks and mid-face region. InstaLift produces immediate results that improve over time and may last up to two years.
What is the Silhouette InstaLift?
The Silhouette InstaLift is a non-surgical facial rejuvenation treatment that lifts the skin of the cheeks and mid-face region, adding volume and definition to the cheeks and reducing the appearance of deep nasolabial folds.
What Makes the Silhouette InstaLift® Procedure so Special?
The InstaLift is the only absorbable suture procedure approved by the FDA for cosmetic facial procedures. The procedure provides immediate results that can last up to two years.
How does the InstaLift Procedure Work?
The Silhouette InstaLift treats sagging mid-facial skin using an innovative technique that adds volume to the cheeks from within while addressing sagging skin in the midface region, and diminishing nasolabial folds. InstaLift is the only non-surgical procedure available today based on a revolutionary Micro-Suspension Technology™ which uses micro-cones to lift the skin while activating the body’s natural production of collagen.
During an InstaLift procedure, tiny micro-cones are placed strategically under the surface of the skin to create an instant lift. The cones and sutures are naturally absorbed by the body leaving no visible scarring. These cones also trigger increased collagen production, so you’ll see continued improvements for months following the procedure.
The procedure is performed as an outpatient procedure with local anesthesia and typically takes less than an hour to complete. You’ll see immediate results as well as continued improvements over a period of about six months, and results lasting for up to two years.
InstaLift is only available through licensed physicians who have undergone specialized training to have mastered the techniques used in this procedure, such as Dr. Bachilo at Glamour Plastic Surgery and Med Spa.
There is little to no downtime following an InstaLift treatment, though you may experience slight bruising, swelling, soreness, or tenderness at the treatment site. Most of these symptoms resolve on their own within 24-48 hours after treatment.
What Type of Results Can I Expect with the Silhouette InstaLift Procedure?
During clinical trials of the InstaLift treatment, patients reported on their results, as follows:
One week after treatment, 79% expressed satisfaction with their results, 82% said they would recommend InstaLift to others, and 96% reported that the InstaLift procedure was tolerable as far as pain and discomfort
Three months after the InstaLift treatment, 83% of patients reported that InstaLift was effective in improving skin changes caused by aging.
After 24 months, 68% of patients reported seeing significant results and 71% expressed satisfaction with their results. Overall, 71% of patients reported that InstaLift was effective at improving age-related volume loss and skin laxity.
Who is a Good Candidate for the InstaLift Procedure?
InstaLift is most suitable for patients in their 40’s up to age 60 whose skin is of good quality but beginning to sag. Typically, these patients also experience flaccid facial muscles, sunken cheeks and deep nasolabial folds. The InstaLift procedure is often recommended for those who have tried injectable dermal fillers but seek a longer-lasting solution to sagging in the midfacial region, although they are not yet ready for a surgical facelift.
InstaLift is not recommended for patients who have known allergies or sensitivity to plastic biomaterial. You should also postpone your treatment if you have any type of skin infection until the infection is cleared. The treatment may not be suitable for patients who have very thin facial skin in which the micro cone implants may be palpable or noticeable, nor is it suitable for patients with very thick, heavy skin caused by advanced aging.
InstaLift is also not recommended for patients who are unwilling or unable to follow up their treatment with the required post-treatment protocols, which include:
- You will be advised to apply cold packs immediately following the procedure to prevent swelling and bruising. Be sure to wrap cold packs with a soft cloth to protect the delicate skin from direct contact.
- Use of Acetaminophen (Tylenol) is recommended to alleviate any soreness or pain following the procedure.
- You must avoid applying makeup for at least 24 hours after treatment, after which it may be applied lightly and gently.
- You will be required to sleep in a face-up, elevated position using pillows to prop up your head for the first 3-5 nights following treatment.
- You must be extremely gentle when touching or handling the facial skin, avoid rubbing the face harshly when washing, and avoid shaving and/or waxing the facial skin for at least 5 days.
- You will have to avoid excessive movement of the face and neck for 2 weeks following treatment.
- It is critical that you avoid exposing the skin to direct sunlight and UV rays for 2 weeks. You must use a top-quality sun protection product whenever you go outdoors, even while driving.
- You will also be advised to avoid high impact sports such as running or aerobic exercise that may cause flushing in the face for 2 weeks following treatment.
- You must avoid the use of saunas and/or steam baths for 3 weeks following treatment.
- You will be advised to avoid having any dental work done, particularly dental surgery, for 3 weeks after treatment.
- It is best to avoid facials, chemical peels, dermaplaning, microneedling, laser skin resurfacing, injectable dermal fillers, or any other facial skin treatment for 4 weeks.
- You must avoid lying face-down for 4 weeks after your treatment.
If you’re concerned about sagging skin in the midfacial region, loss of youthful volume in the cheeks, and deep nasolabial folds, the Silhouette InstaLift may be an ideal non-surgical option to improve your facial appearance. If you’re ready to look younger after only a one-hour treatment, contact our office today and schedule your appointment with Dr. Bachilo.