RHA Fillers: Cleaner, More Effective Dermal Injections
You put a lot of effort into doing what’s best for your body. You get plenty of fresh air, exercise, and eat plenty of fresh, healthy fruits and veggies. And you avoid harmful additives in your food, as well as avoiding harsh chemicals in your skincare products. So, given the option, wouldn’t you prefer to use a cleaner injectable dermal filler, particularly if it provided better results than other dermal injections?
At Glamour Plastic Surgery and Med Spa, we’ve got great news!
Resilient Hyaluronic Acid (RHA®) fillers have arrived, and they might be just what you’ve been hoping for: a clean formula that delivers more natural-looking and longer-lasting results, while also treating both dynamic and static wrinkles!
What are RHA fillers and how do they work?
The Revance RHA® Collection is the first and only collection of injectable dermal fillers approved by the FDA to treat dynamic facial folds and wrinkles. Dynamic wrinkles are those that move with your natural facial expressions, such as crow’s feet, worry lines, or radial cheek lines that emerge when you smile. RHA fillers are considered “resilient” because they treat even the most persistent lines and wrinkles in the most wrinkle-prone areas of your face.
What makes RHA fillers “cleaner” than other formulas?
RHA fillers are considered “cleaner” than other dermal filler formulas because they are less processed than traditional HA fillers such as Juvéderm and Restylane. For this reason, the hyaluronic acid (HA) in the formulas is closer in composition to that which our bodies produce naturally, which makes the body perceive it as less foreign, reducing the risk of any reaction to the formula. RHA fillers are currently the purest fillers on the market.
What areas of the face and body do RHA fillers treat?
RHA fillers are especially effective at reducing the appearance of “crepey” skin that many people develop as they age, as a result of sun damage, hormonal changes, and/or environmental pollutants. RHA fillers come in different formulas, each designed for use on different areas of the face, as well as to hydrate and firm the skin in the neck and décolletage, and the fine skin on the hands.
There are three different types of fillers in the RHA Collection: RHA 2, RHA 3, and RHA 4. Each is formulated specifically to treat certain areas of the face, as follows:
- RHA 2 treats fine surface lines and wrinkles, including dynamic wrinkles that form when you make certain facial expressions. These include vertical lines around the outline of the lips, radial cheek lines that fan out from the corners of the mouth when you smile, glabellar lines that form between the eyebrows, sometimes called the “elevens” or “worry lines,” and crow’s feet or smile lines at the edges of your eyes.
- RHA 3 is formulated to treat deeper wrinkles, folds, and creases, such as nasolabial folds that run vertically from the edges of the nose to the edges of the mouth, and creases at the corners of the mouth. This formula also adds volume to the lips and cheeks.
- RHA 4 treats the deepest lines and folds, particularly those along the lower face and jawline, such as marionette lines running vertically from the edges of the mouth to the chin. This thicker formula is also used to contour and lift the cheeks to enhance the cheekbones.
During your first consultation, Dr. Bachilo can recommend which RHA filler or combination of fillers is the most suitable for you, depending on your condition and aesthetic goals.
What is the difference between RHA fillers and HA fillers?
A study in the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology reported that survey participants who received RHA fillers expressed a higher rate of aesthetic improvement and satisfaction in comparison with those who received HA fillers.
RHA fillers have several advantages over traditional HA fillers, such as the following:
- RHA fillers last longer. While HA fillers produce results that typically last between 6-12 months, RHA fillers results can last for as long as 15 months.
- RHA fillers treat dynamic as well as static wrinkles. This means that they can temporarily correct almost all lines, folds, wrinkles, and creases in your face.
- RHA fillers produce fewer reactions in patients. Thanks to RHA’s cleaner formula, patients who received RHA injections reported less swelling than those who received HA injections.
- RHA fillers produce more natural-looking results. Thanks to their minimal refining process, RHA formulas are able to glide and disperse more naturally within the skin tissue than HA filler gels, producing more natural-looking enhancements.
Can I combine RHA fillers with Botox?
Actually, combining RHA fillers with Botox may be the ultimate nonsurgical facial rejuvenation procedure. The two are very complementary with one another because RHA injections add volume that Botox does not. And Botox can actually enhance the effects of RHA fillers because it can help your RHA filler last longer since it temporarily limits facial movement wherever it’s injected. You may elect to either receive both injection treatments during the same session or to receive your Botox treatment first, then schedule a follow-up session to administer the RHA injections. This allows Dr. Bachilo enough time to see the effect of the Botox before delivering the RHA filler treatment.
Are RHA filler injections reversible?
Yes. RHA fillers, like traditional HA fillers, may be dissolved easily within the skin tissue by injecting an enzyme called hyaluronidase, which works very quickly and provides the desired effect within 24 hours. This means that Dr. Bachilo is able to easily reverse any unsatisfactory results you may have obtained from dermal fillers delivered by other providers.
To prevent the possibility of regrettable results, do your due diligence when searching for a plastic surgeon, and choose one that is board-certified and highly experienced, such as Dr. Olga Bachilo, to perform your RHA filler treatment.
Where can I get RHA filler injections in Houston, TX?
At Glamour Plastic Surgery and Med Spa, all surgical procedures are performed by our board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Olga Bachilo, who is thrilled to offer RHA fillers to her patients in Houston, Katy, Sugar Land, and neighboring communities in the greater Houston area. To learn more about how RHA fillers can improve your appearance non-surgically, contact our office today and schedule your free consultation with Dr. Bachilo