The Platelet Rich Plasma Face Lift, popularized and often referred to as Vampire Face Lift, is a revolutionary new treatment that uses Platelet Rich Plasma or PRP Therapy from your own blood to rejuvenate your facial appearance, giving your skin a renewing infusion of natural nutrients. At Glamour Plastic Surgery and Medical Spa, the Vampire Facelift is available for residents of Houston and nearby communities in Texas, performed under the medical supervision of esteemed area plastic surgeon, Dr. Olga Bachilo.
PRP Therapy and the Platelet Rich Plasma Facelift
PRP therapy is currently the most advanced method of regenerative skin treatment known to contemporary science, and the results that it produces have amazed doctors and patients alike. The PRP Facelift, a Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) treatment, nourishes the skin with stem cells and growth factors derived from your body’s own blood plasma to promote smoother, firmer, more radiant skin in the facial region, turning back the hands of time to make your skin appear younger and healthier.
The Platelet Rich Plasma Facelift Procedure
The PRP Face Lift is a minimally invasive treatment that consists of injecting Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP), derived from your own blood, into specific areas of your face to enhance fullness and volume, and produce visibly firmer and healthier skin. These injections are delivered using an ultra-fine needle, similar to those used to administer dermal filler treatments such as Botox®. Your PRP treatment will last approximately 30 minutes to an hour, but the time can vary depending on how many areas you wish to have treated.
The Platelet Rich Plasma Facelift procedure consists of the following steps:
- Drawing Blood: We will extract a blood sample from your arm, much as it is drawn for a blood test.
- Isolating the PRP: To isolate the PRP from your blood, the blood is processed by spinning it at an extremely high speed, causing the plasma to separate from the remaining components in the blood.
- Activating the plasma: Calcium chloride is then added to the isolated blood plasma to stimulate the release of natural stem cells and growth factors.
- Applying a Topical Anesthetic: A topical numbing agent is applied to the treatment areas to alleviate any potential discomfort caused by the injections.
- Injecting the PRP: The PRP matrix, rich in nourishing growth factors, is injected directly into strategic treatment areas, triggering your body to produce collagen and begin the process of repairing damaged skin cells.
There is no required downtime after a Platelet Rich Plasma Face Lift. You may notice mild tenderness and soreness immediately after your procedure, resembling a sunburn. In some cases, mild bruising may also appear following treatment, and the skin may feel rough and swollen the next day. Swelling and soreness typically disappear within three days, but your skin may still feel somewhat rough for up to a week. While these symptoms may be mildly irritating, you will not need to take time off work, and may enjoy a regular day after your treatment session. A light application of makeup will conceal any temporary side effects until they subside naturally.
While you may notice subtle improvement immediately, you will begin to notice more dramatic results after a few more days. The most appreciable difference will be noticeable after two to three months, when you will enjoy bright, radiant skin that is firmer and smoother to the touch.
Most patients require three treatment sessions scheduled monthly to achieve maximum improvement; however, one treatment may be sufficient in younger patients with good skin elasticity to provide enhancements for up to two years.
A Platelet Rich Plasma Face Lift may be just what you need to revive a dull complexion and regain youthful suppleness in your skin. Contact Glamour Plastic Surgery and Medical Spa today to schedule your consultation.
OUR CLIENTS' REVIEWS
Become an INSIDER to receive specials