Breast Implants Replacement in Houston, TX
Remove or replace your breast implants for a fresh new look!
When a woman chooses to enhance her figure with breast augmentation she has to understand that she may need additional surgeries in the future to correct the appearance of the breasts as she ages or to change the implants. And the beauty of breast augmentation is that it gives you that flexibility to change the size and further enhance your breasts in the in the future. Your original surgery results change over time with pregnancy, weight fluctuations and aging and many of our patients chose to have additional surgery to correct those changes.
Also, in rare cases, breast implants may rupture, shift, or cause problems such as capsular contracture (a scar around the implant), which can cause the breasts to look asymmetric, feel hard and even cause pain. To correct capsular contracture breast implants need to be removed or replaced along with the scar tissue. Many patients may also wish to exchange saline implants for silicone implants or vice versa, or they may simply choose to experiment with implants of a different shape or size.
Dr. Bachilo can help you select the most appropriate implants to update your look as you desire and help correct any breast concerns you may have.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING BREAST REVISION CONSULTATION?
Dr. Bachilo will evaluate your medical and surgical history, ask about any medications you are taking and examine your breasts. She will listen to your concerns and desires. Dr. Bachilo will then be able to propose a surgical plan for you that would most fit with what you wish to accomplish.
If you chose to proceed with surgery, you will be given instructions on how to prepare for your breast revision surgery. You will be asked to suspend the use of certain medications and refraining from using tobacco prior to your operation to minimize your risks and achieve the best results possible.
Every day a woman’s body is changing continuously, and factors such as weight fluctuations, stress, hormonal changes, medications, or simply the natural aging process may cause the shape and size of your breasts to change, which may lead to a desire to revise and make changes to a breast implant procedure. Breast revision surgery is a procedure that corrects any potential problems with breast implants, or lets you revise and update the shape, size, or type of implants.
For residents of the greater Houston area who want to revise their original breast augmentation procedure and make changes or corrections to it, Glamour Plastic Surgery and Med Spa is an advanced cosmetic surgery center in Houston that provides this service. By trusting your surgery to the highly respected plastic surgeon Dr. Olga Bachilo, whose list of satisfied patients spans communities such as Sugar Land, Katy, and surrounding areas, you’ll be in the best of hands.
Breast revision surgery will require the same level of time, risk, and downtime as your original implant surgery, and often no new scars will arise from the procedure because most commonly Dr. Bachilo will use the very same incisions used in the original implant procedure to perform the revision surgery.
Most Common Reasons for Breast Revision Surgery in Houston are the Following:
- Breast Implant Size Change: Changing the breast implant for the purpose of either enlargement or reduction is one of the most common reasons for choosing a breast revision procedure. Many women also change their mind about the type of implant that they want, and may choose to switch, for example, from saline to silicone implants, or vice versa.
- Breast Asymmetry: When one breast begins to look noticeably larger than the other, it’s time to update your implants and change the size of one or both accordingly. Breasts may also become asymmetrical in shape and this too may affect which type of implant is the best for you.
- Bottoming Out: Sometimes an implant will shift position and sink to the area below the fold of the breast. This is called “bottoming out” and may be easily corrected through breast revision surgery.
- Capsular Contracture: Capsular contracture is a complication that can occur with breast implant procedures when internal scar tissue forms a capsule around a breast implant, constricting and contracting the implant, causing it to lose its original shape and become hard.
- Breast Implant Rippling: Rippling is among the most common problems that may occur following a breast augmentation procedure with saline or silicone implants. Rippling typically occurs around the outer perimeter of the breast, on the side or bottom of the breast, or in the center groove between the breasts. It may affect one or both breasts, causing the appearance of visible ridges or wrinkles in the implant. This condition requires revision surgery in order to be corrected.
- Breast Implant Rupture: If a saline implant ruptures, your body will naturally absorb the saline fluid, but you will need to undergo a breast revision procedure to replace the ruptured implant. If the ruptured implant is silicone, it may cause pain or changes in the shape or surface texture of the breast. While ruptured silicone breast implants aren’t considered dangerous, you should see your plastic surgeon immediately if you suspect an implant has ruptured.
- Double Bubble: Similar to “bottoming out” this condition occurs when the implant drops below the crease where the breast natural folds, causing the appearance of two bubbles, one above the other. Breast revision surgery effectively addresses this problem by repositioning the implant to its proper position. At this time, you may also wish to revise the size and/or shape of your implants.
- Breast Ptosis: This condition refers to simple sagging of breast tissue which may occur naturally for a number of reasons such as weight loss, pregnancy, hormonal changes and many other causes. This condition is corrected by a breast lift, and you may also choose to undergo an augmentation or reduction procedure at this time.
- Breast Symmastia: This condition is best described as a “uniboob” in which there is no separation between the breasts because one of both implants have shifted into the middle of the chest. Symmastia may be surgically corrected by performing a breast revision procedure.
WHAT IS DONE DURING BREAST REVISION PROCEDURE?
Breast revision surgery is performed in an outpatient surgery center or a hospital operating room. The procedure usually takes less than two hours and is done under general anesthesia. Many patients choose to combine their operation with other procedures such as a tummy tuck or a breast lift (mastopexy) during the same session, which will take longer to complete. To minimize scarring, Dr. Bachilo will generally perform your breast revision through the same incisions that were created during your original breast augmentation procedure.
However, sometimes a larger or a different incision is needed to achieve the best result. Your original implants are removed and needed changes to the pocket are made. If you have a problem with capsular contracture, your breast capsule or the scar is removed. New implants of your choosing can then be placed. Incisions are closed with all absorbable sutures and your breasts are wrapped in a supportive dressing.
ADJUNCT PROCEDURES THAT MAY BE NECCESSARY DURING BREAST REVISION SURGERY:
- In-office Implant Deflation for saline implants: If you notice a sudden loss of volume in one or both implants, this is referred to as “deflation.” Implant deflation in saline implants may occur suddenly or gradually over a period of several days. The result will be visibly noticeable as a reduction in the size of the breast or a change in the breast’s shape. This procedure may be corrected through revision surgery. You may also choose to change the size and/or shape of your implants, or replace saline with silicone implants.
- Implant removal: Should you decide that you want to reduce the size of your breasts by having your breast implants removed, you will likely need to have a breast lift or mastoplexy performed in order to correct sagging skin that may have developed while wearing implants.
- Implant exchange: Replacing or exchanging implants is one of the most common reasons that women choose to undergo revision surgery.
- Capsulectomy/Capsulotomy: Both of these surgeries are performed to treat advanced capsular contracture. A capsulectomy is performed when the capsule has become thick and calcified because it may contain harmful bacteria that may cause new capsule formation. A calcified capsule is identified in the body as a foreign body, and must be removed. A Capsulotomy is performed when the capsule is not yet thick, but may be squeezing the implant and constraining it, causing pain and hardness.
- Capsulorrhaphy: This procedure is done to tighten the capsule around the breast implant when the body is not doing a good job of anchoring down the implant. A caspulorrhaphy procedure may prevent implants from moving or shifting from their position, while providing structural support for the implant, helping it stay in place and looking natural.
- Mastopexy: A mastopexy is the medical name for a breast lift procedure. This procedure is performed to simply lift the breasts to a higher position on the chest and to make the nipples point outward instead of downward. A Mastopexy may be combined with either a breast augmentation or breast reduction procedure to achieve a more complete correction.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING BREAST REVISION RECOVERY?
You will go home after your procedure and will need someone to drive you home and stay with you to provide assistance as home. Most patient need a few days of rest. It is normal to experience some swelling and tenderness of your breasts and any discomfort will be relieved with oral pain medication.
You will be asked to wear a supportive bra with no underwire to protect the breasts and to avoid heavy lifting or strenuous activity for about three to four weeks. Most patients are able to return to work in just a few days. However, if your job requires strenuous physical activity, heavy lifting, or extensive movement of the upper body, we recommend that you take at least two full weeks off work after your surgery.
WHAT KIND OF RESULTS CAN I EXPECT AFTER BREAST REVISION?
You will enjoy an updated look with your new implants of different size and/or enjoy an improved breast shape. You will have relieve of your pain if you were suffering from capsular contracture. Many of our patients choose to complement their breast revision surgery with other procedures such as breast lift or body contouring treatments to achieve a more comprehensive full body makeover.
If you are ready for a new look, or your breast implants need updating, contact Glamour Plastic Surgery and Med Spa to schedule your free cosmetic consultation with Dr. Bachilo to discuss your breast revision surgery needs.
When should I replace my breast implants?
When a woman chooses to augment her breast with breast implants, she has to realize that at some point she may need to have additional breast surgery to change out her breast implants. Exact time frame for additional surgery varies from person to person. If you are happy with your breast appearance and don’t have any problems, implants may remain in place for years. However, if breast shape changes, you start experiencing capsular contracture or implant ruptures, replacement may be needed sooner rather than later.
OUR CLIENTS' REVIEWS
100% recommend! Dr Bachilo is very courteous, professional, spends more than enough time explaining everything, and truly cares about her patients. Called me the next day to check up on me during her day off!
She has great bedside manner! She was honest & conservative about what she thought I should have done that day in the office. I will be back to see her again! Love that she called to check on my results and how I was feeling.
I hated wrinkles on my forehead, and nasal labial folds. I had filler injected around nasal labial folds and around corner of my mouth. Botox injection into my forehead. I couldn't be happier with the results. After many comments about why I look so much ...
I hated wrinkles on my forehead, and nasal labial folds. I had filler injected around nasal labial folds and around corner of my mouth. Botox injection into my forehead. I couldn't be happier with the results. After many comments about why I look so much younger I will definitely have it done again.Read more
I believe it is essential to find a professional who is in tune with patients’ needs, responsive, can perform the necessary measures and do what is best for the client without heavily promoting additional services. Dr. Bachilo not only met my meticulous ...
I believe it is essential to find a professional who is in tune with patients’ needs, responsive, can perform the necessary measures and do what is best for the client without heavily promoting additional services. Dr. Bachilo not only met my meticulous expectations, but also exceeded, so I will be back as needed.Read more
I was so thankful for her honesty and knowledge of products/procedures that I was wanting to have done. She guided me to the correct breast implant size and recovery was a breeze. When it came to my concern of wrinkles and lines she was extremely understanding ...
I was so thankful for her honesty and knowledge of products/procedures that I was wanting to have done. She guided me to the correct breast implant size and recovery was a breeze. When it came to my concern of wrinkles and lines she was extremely understanding and actually listened to me. She explained the different fillers and Botox products, which I am so pleased in everything she did to make me look younger!!! I have recommended her to several friends and will continue to do so!! Just go and she how wonderful she is!Read more
Last month I went in to see Dr. Bachilo to get Dysport injections for my wrinkles and fillers in my cheeks and chin. I was very worried as it was my first time having this procedure done, I didn't know what to expect but Dr. Bachilo was very patient with ...
Last month I went in to see Dr. Bachilo to get Dysport injections for my wrinkles and fillers in my cheeks and chin. I was very worried as it was my first time having this procedure done, I didn't know what to expect but Dr. Bachilo was very patient with me she took her time explaining and answering all my questions she made me feel very comfortable.Read more
I decided to try Coolsculpting for the first time on my chin. I was a bit nervous to have the procedure to get rid of my double chin, but OMG I can already see it working! Dr. Bachilo was awesome! She explained how everything works, what the machine does ...
I decided to try Coolsculpting for the first time on my chin. I was a bit nervous to have the procedure to get rid of my double chin, but OMG I can already see it working! Dr. Bachilo was awesome! She explained how everything works, what the machine does and the sensation I would experience during and after the treatment. I’ve made my appointment to do Coolsculpting on the belly next.Read more
Contact Us with Questions or to Schedule a Consultation